Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Chocolate Chickpea Muffins are easy to make and easy to store. It is a perfect dessert for any occasion, whether you are having dinner at home or you are going to your friends for a barbecue.
- 1 big cup of chickpeas / 1 can
(I prefer to use dried chickpeas that you have to soak and then cook, but you can used canned as well)
- 4 eggs / whipped aquafaba / chia seeds eggs
- 1/3 cup or carob fruit syrup
(The quantity depends on how sweet you want the muffins to be, I prefer less sweet. Just taste the mixture before pouring it in the muffin cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line muffin cups with muffin papers or coat wit nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and coconut oil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for aprox. 25 mins till the tops turn dark brown.
You can either eat it on it´s own, or you can serve it with some coconut ice cream and strawberries or avocado chocolate mousse.