I love baking and sometimes it is good to have a simple, fast recipe when you are busy yet you still want to bake for your friends and family.
I really like apples and I like puff pastry, and I love combination of those two together, especially when you add a bit of cinnamon. I have several recipes for desserts with apples and puff pastry, so here is one of them – Upside Down Apple Cake
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- 3 sweet apples (yellow ones are the best)
- Coconut oil in spray
- 1/3 of a puff pastry sheet (already rolled)
- Carob / Maple syrup
- A cake form (I use a rectangle one. You can use any shape and size, but you must adjust the amount of ingredients accordingly)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spray the cake form with coconut oil.
- Slice the apples (no need to peel) and place the slices in the cake form. When you cover the cake form with one layer of apples sprinkle some cinnamon, optionally you can add some carob / maple syrup to make it more sweet. Keep laying layers till your run out of apples (you should have at least 3 layers).
- Cut 1/3 of a puff pastry sheet (depending on the size of your cake form) and cover the apples. Make sure you tuck the edges of the pastry in.
- Place it in the oven, when you see the pastry is starting to puff prick holes with a fork to let the hot air out.
- Bake till the pastry turns golden brown (aprox. 20 – 25 mins).
- Remove from the oven and wait for the form to cool off. Then Place a plate on top of the form and turn it upside down leaving the apple cake on the plate.
- Finally you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the cake.
Happy baking! Enjoy!