I guess you have already noticed I am a big fan of HelloFresh, and since my Facebook noticed that as well it offered me 50% discount on Gousto box.
Gousto is another recipe box – you get a recipe and all ingredients delivered to your home. I gave Gousto a go because I was not home on Monday and Tuesday last week, and HelloFresh only delivers to our are on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. We were coming back on Wednesday and Gousto delivers any day of the week including Wednesday, so I thought it might be a good idea to order Gousto so when I come home I do not have to rush to a shop, instead I will have fresh ingredients ready on my doorstep. And that is exactly what happened – they even delivered before we arrived and the box was left on my porch as per my delivery instructions.
I got three recipes last week – Turkish Lamb Koftas With Tahini Yoghurt, Sticky Chicken With Soy, Sesame & Chilli, Smoky Fish & Sweetcorn Curry. The one recipe that really stood out for me was the Smoky Fish & Sweetcorn Curry, which I want to share with you today.
Smoky Fish & Sweetcorn Curry (for 2 people)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 130g ( or more) wholegrain rice or any other rice
- 1 small tin (150g) of sweetcorn
- 1 red chilli
- 2 smoked basa fillets
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 80g baby leaf spinach
- 50g solid coconut cream
- 1 leek
Note: the original recipe also contains 2 garlic gloves and ginger. I do not like ginger and I already had too much garlic in the other two recipes. but it is up to you.
- Cook rice.
- Chop the leek, put some butter/oil on a pan and cook for 8-10mins.
- Cut red chilli (ginger and garlic), once leek has softened add chilli, curry powder and ground tumeric and cook for 3 mins.
- Drain sweetcorn and chop coconut cream.
- Dissolve the chopped coconut cream and vegetable stock cube in 375ml of boiled water. (Optionally just add everything to the pan.)
- Add the drained sweetcor and the coconut stock in the pan.
- Cut smoked basa in small pieces and add it together with baby spinach to the pan and cook for 4 mins, or until curry is nice and thick.